Friday, February 15, 2013

craft: clothespin wreath



This was a Pinterst find that I absolutely fell in love with. You can find it here.

I used to live by my parents who had an AMAZING craft room. My mom had kept a box full of old clothespins from back in the day when she actually hung her laundry out on a clothesline. I grabbed half of what she had and I still had left overs! I also had a bunch of little crafty pins that I used around the inside.

I attached all the clothespins and found out that they did not want to stay where I wanted them; they were slipping and a sliding all over the place. Grrr. So, I pulled out my handy-dandy (did I mention I have 2 kids that watch a lot of public television?) glue gun and glued all of those suckers exactly where I wanted them to go. And wouldn't you know that one of them STILL hangs there limply.

This little craft has yet to be hung on the wall in my laundry/office. Joe is a bit of a perfectionist, and I, well, am not. I've hung pictures in the past by guestimating where the picture looks best as I hold it a few inches away from my face. I then guestimated again where the hooks are and hammer away. I only realize AFTER I try to hang it up that it is not, in fact, the place I wanted it and start the whole process over again. At my worst, I've put 3 nail holes in the wall for one picture. Needless to say, I'm not allowed to hang pictures any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment